Can you please post to your blog ASAP? Local food pantries need donations before the Holiday. Sandy took a big toll on inventories.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Kevin Mercuri
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
HUDSON VALLEY ASSEMBLY MEMBERS SEEK TO REPLENISH AREA FOOD BANKS FOR THANKSGIVING
Super Storm Sandy Depleted Many Area Food Banks;
Needy Families Require Assistance for Thanksgiving
November 16, 2012; Yorktown Heights, NY – With Super Storm Sandy behind us and power restored to all but a few residents of Putnam and northern Westchester Counties, Assembly members from the Hudson Valley, led by Assemblyman Steve Katz, shifted their focus from local recovery toward the fast-approaching Thanksgiving holiday and the urgent need to replenish the shelves of local food pantries.
During the storm’s aftermath, an unusually large number of families looked to local food pantries while supermarkets were closed due to lack of power. As a result, many charities report depleted inventories just as Thanksgiving approaches.
“Our lives are back to normal now – and normal means we must take care of needy families in our community,” said Steve Katz. “It is wonderful to see the Hudson Valley Assembly coming together to help our community in this time of need. If every family could donate one item, it would ensure a happy Thanksgiving to every family affected by the storm, unemployment or other negative economic factors.”
The following Assembly Members are participating in this food drive and have collection boxes set up at their offices:
- Assemblyman Thomas Abinanti: 303 South Broadway Suite 229 Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Assemblywoman Didi Barrett: 7578 North Broadway, Suite 4 Red Hook, NY 12571
- Assemblywoman Nancy Calhoun: 1012 Little Britain Rd. Suite 900 New Windsor, NY 12553
- Assemblywoman Sandy Galef: 2 Church Street, Ossining, NY 10562
- Assemblyman Steve Katz: 824 Route 6 Mahopac, NY 10541
- Assemblyman [Senator-Elect] George Latimer: 933 Mamaroneck Avenue Suite 102 Mamaroneck, NY 10543
- Assemblyman Joel Miller: 3 Neptune Road Suite A19E Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Assemblywoman Amy Paulin: 700 White Plains Road, Suite 252, Scarsdale, NY 10583
- Assemblywoman Annie Rabbitt: 41 High Street Goshen, NY 10924
About Steve Katz
Steve Katz (www.katz4ny.com) currently serves the New York Assembly, 94th District and resides in Mohegan Lake, NY with his wife and children. His tenure in the New York Assembly brought about a number of key pieces of common-sense conservative legislation. Dr. Katz is currently spearheading a statewide law requiring a photo ID for elections and has worked tirelessly as an assemblyman to reduce New York’s tax burden and eliminate excessive regulations on businesses. Katz is a veterinarian and has been a small business owner more than 25 years.
Kevin A. Mercuri
President & Founder, Propheta Communications
70 East 10th Street, Suite 6P
New York, NY 10003
Vox: 212-901-6914 ext 107 | Mob: 617-593-1421